QuickBooks is regarded as one of the most widely used accounting software for meeting company demands. The finest part is that QuickBooks is updated annually by Intuit with new and enhanced features to guarantee smooth business operations. However, because it is only an application, users may encounter certain technical faults or malfunctions from time to time. Some of these difficulties may be readily resolved by users by reading various articles accessible on the internet, but for a few QuickBooks support service providers, assistance is advised. QuickBooks error 3180 is commonly seen when the incorrect kind of QuickBooks Desktop account is used while mapping accounts in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. Another possible cause of this error is a broken payment item or the incorrect kind. In this post, we will cover QuickBooks issue number 3180 and how to resolve it. Before debugging the malfunction, it’s critical to identify the cause of the problem.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 3180?
Here are a few of the causes of QuickBooks error code 3180.
- The sales tax item in QuickBooks Desktop is not associated with any of the merchants.
- The account mapping for the sales tax payable account may be wrong.
- The sale tax payable account was used to create a payment.
- It might be due to the sales tax payment account being used as the target account for one or more items on receipts.
Symptoms for QuickBooks Error Message 3180
As a QuickBooks user, you may notice a variety of indications and symptoms after receiving the QuickBooks error code 3180. Some of the most obvious indicators of this error’s infiltration are listed below.
- Your system responds incredibly slowly to mouse and keyboard inputs.
- You are unable to preserve the sales receipt.
- QuickBooks will stop down unexpectedly.
- The QuickBooks problem number 3180 will appear on your screen.
Troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Error Code 3180
First Solution: Merge Items in QuickBooks.
- First, launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then navigate to List, followed by Item.
- Select Include Inactive.
- To arrange the list, pick the Type heading.
- Now you need to rename the Point of Sale goods.
- Right-click the Payment item that begins with “Point of Sale.”
- Select the Edit Items option.
- To the item’s name, add ‘.OLD’ and click the OK button.
- Now from your point of sale. Run the financial exchange.
- Merge duplicate entries in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, right-click the payment with OLD.
- Next, select the Edit Item option.
- You’re then expected to delete Old.
- Click OK, then tap to confirm.
Second Solution: Make sure you assign the vendor to the Sales Tax Item
- The first step is to launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now move to the Item List.
- Then, choose Include Inactive.
- To sort the list, select the Type Column.
- Finally, make sure that each sales tax item is associated with a tax agency.
Third Solution: Select Your Tax Preference
- Initially, launch QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Now, go to File, then Preferences.
- After that, choose Company and click on Accounts under Financial.
- Now select the Basic and Advanced tabs.
- Tap Make Sales Tax Payable in the sales tax row. If it is not, then modify it and conduct a money exchange.
4th Solution: Make sure you haven’t paid out the problem receipt with sales tax payable
- To begin, launch QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Now, choose Sales History.
- After then, right-click on any column.
- Once completed, select the Customize Columns option.
- Make sure you choose the QuickBooks status.
- Now, look for the receipts that are not yet finalized.
- Now, choose Receipts if any of the receipts are paid out to the sales tax due.
- After that, click on the Reverse Receipt.
- Use a non-sales tax payable account to recreate the paid out.
- Finally, operate the money exchange.
5th Solution: Rename Financial Methods
- Start by launching QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, select the Customer & Vendor Profile Lists option found under the Lists section.
- After that, select the Payment Methods List.
- Click the Cash method option with the right mouse button and select Edit payment method.
- The payment method field should now begin with the letter “X”. Save your changes.
- Right-click the Cash method option and choose New.
- Replace it by renaming it Cash.
- Begin with the financial exchange.
- Change the names of all payment choices as needed.
- Check to see whether error 3180 was repaired.
If you get stuck when resolving QuickBooks problem 3180, you can always contact the 24/7 QuickBooks error help service. These are well-trained, experienced specialists who will walk you through all of your QuickBooks questions and are available around the clock. All you need to do is contact our QuickBooks error support staff using the live chat option.
Also Read :