QuickBooks has become the most widely used software in the accounting world with its simplified tool and solutions. These tools and solutions have assisted millions of businesses, accountants, and professionals in easily managing their accounts and bookkeeping. QuickBooks helps in accurately keeping financial functions like income expense, employee, and inventory with real-time tax functions that simplify management and provide error-free, solid accounting practices. QuickBooks’s other add-ons for inventory, billings, CRM, and tax management have only furthered this advancement to provide a complete package for all business solutions.
QuickBooks sometimes has several login issues that shut users of their valuable data. Even though an online login issue in QuickBooks is quite common and easily resolved. In cases it does not get resolved, please contact a QuickBooks expert.
This article will help you to learn everything about QuickBooks online errors, their causes, fixes, and solutions. It will also make you better equipped with QuickBooks as you will find several tips and hacks to become a better QuickBooks user at different stages of the article. Let’s do this, and dive straight into the topic “how to solve QuickBooks Online Login Problems or Issues”.
What are the reasons for QuickBooks Online Login and Sign-in problems?
Several reasons cause login and sign-in issues in QuickBooks. In this section, we will discuss only the most important and frequent login issues occurring in QuickBooks. These highlighted problems will help you with other errors as many errors are interrelated.
- An issue on the official Intuit website.
- Browser cache memory full.
- Browser history full.
- QuickBooks logged in by another user.
- Blocked firewall and antivirus settings.
- QuickBooks account not properly signed off.
How to Fix the “Can’t Log in to QuickBooks” issue?
Type of errors resolved by the end of this section.
- The “page not found” error.
- The “404 Not Found” error.
- The “QBO is not accessible right now; try again later error”
Log-in problems are quite common in QuickBooks in a variety of ways. These step-by-step solutions will help you to easily these log-in problems.
- Browser settings
QuickBooks has certain fixed browser settings and compatibilities that must be met before using the software. Use these pointers to know whether your QuickBooks is compatible with your browser.
- Check whether all the pop windows are open in the browser.
- Open QuickBooks and try a new log-in.
. Delete browser cookies and cache
The cache is just a temporary memory stored while surfing a website on the internet. Overtimes, these small data collections pile and fill out the cache memory of your browser. Delete any unnecessary cookies and empty the cache memory that might be helpful to log in to your QuickBooks account again. Here is how to empty your cookies and cache memory.
Open browser >> settings >> More tools >> Clear browsing data >> select All time (to delete everything) >> check all the boxes in “Cookies and other site data” >> Click Clear data.
- Try a new login to QuickBooks online after deleting your cookies and cache.
Go to QuickBooks and on the top click on “Sign In”. Use your QuickBooks credentials on the wizard and follow the on-screen instructions. If you are still not able to log in to QuickBooks move on to the next solution.
- Add QuickBooks to trusted sites
Sometimes, browsers block certain websites because they consider them to un trustable sources. You have to manually add a website to the list of trusted sites that will help allow you to access QuickBooks. Here are steps, on how you can add QuickBooks to the list of trusted sites.
Open browser Settings >> Show Advanced Settings >> Change proxy settings Click the Security tab >> Trusted Sites >> click Sites >> Enter two websites (https://qbo.intuit.com, https://quickbooks.intuit.com/) on the URL section.
Once you have gone through these steps restart the computer and try to log in to your QuickBooks account. If this step does not work, move on to the next solution.
- Delete all domain names (DNS)
DNS or the Domain Name System (DNS) is the phonebook of the Internet that allows one to set up a website connection QuickBooks. You can delete all the prior domains which will allow QuickBooks to start with a new connection. In this section, we will discuss how you delete DNS names in different browsers.
A word of caution: Deleting a DNS might affect your work by deleting several browser settings. It is always advisable that you get in touch with your IT team before moving on to the next step.
- Type “cmd “On the “Search bar” on your windows home screen.
- Right-click on the command line and “Run as administrator”.
- On cmd, write “/flushdns”, followed by pressing Enter.
- Type “subnet mask/registerdns” on the cmd.
- Close the command prompt.
- Open QuickBooks and try a new login.
- Open the menu and select “Utilities”.
- Double-click on the terminal.
- On the terminal, type “dscacheutil -flushcache” and hit enter.
- Type “sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder” and hit enter.
- Close the terminal.
- Open QuickBooks and try a new login.
How to resolve QuickBooks Login issues in Google Chrome Browser
We have covered the most common occurring issues that might hinder a user from QuickBooks logging in. There is one more problem that is quite common with all QuickBooks users. A most frequently asked issue that comes with many QuickBooks users, is the login issues in Google Chrome.
Google Chrome is the most widely used browser, here is how you can resolve all chrome related issues in detail.
Users can use a private or incognito login window mode in Chrome that allows adding several accounts and does not store the details after the session. To log in to your QuickBooks account in incognito mode follow these steps,
- Open incognito mode and press Ctrl + Shift + N together for easy access.
- On the upper right side, go to the three dots and click on “user”.
- Click the “Add New user” option.
- Select your QuickBooks user account.
- To add a new user, click on “create”.
- Add your email credentials on chrome and follow all on-screen instructions.
- Switch to the user of your choice and try to log in on your QuickBooks online account.
Clear all the cache and cookies on your chrome which will help you start afresh with your QuickBooks account.
Open QuickBooks and click on “Customize and Control” in the top right corner of your screen.
- Go to setting.
- On the list of options click on the “History” option.
- On the list of options, choose “Clear Browsing Data” to clear all the browser history.
- There are several options on the screen at this point. Mark clear cookies, flies, cached images, passwords, and more to clear all history in chrome.
- On the bottom click on “Clear browsing data”.
This is the end of this article, which gave a brief idea of how we can tackle different QuickBooks log-in issues. We tried out best to include all the errors, their causes, and ways by which you can easily resolve all the occurring log-in errors.
Here at AskAccountings, we are a team of QuickBooks geeks who love to share tips and tricks on different QuickBooks issues. You can find our other articles and blogs on our website, go check them out!
We love to help you answer any of your QuickBooks questions. Our lines are open throughout the day, all days of the year. Don’t hesitate to give us a call or leave your details on our support page, and we will talk to you ASAP.