Job costing, inventory, class tracking, issuing purchase orders, invoicing, and income and expense monitoring are some of the robust features included in QuickBooks Mac Plus 2022, which are also available in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. It lacks some capabilities—like a mobile app or location tracking—but makes up for it with features tailored only to the Mac. If you use a Mac and conduct your bookkeeping, they don’t see any good reason for you not to use QuickBooks for Mac. QuickBooks is one of the most popular and widely used accounting programs. QuickBooks has been functioning smoothly in Windows, but Mac customers reported problems with functionality and installation.
Mac OS Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Version for the United States Only
Check that your Mac can run QuickBooks Desktop.
- OS X 10.10.2 (Yosemite), OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) • QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier (El Capitan).
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and macOS 10.12 (Sierra) are compatible with QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R6 and later (Sierra).
- Intel Core 2 Duo or better processor.
- Multi-User Servers require an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or late
- You must register your product to receive support.
Acceptance / Compatibility Requirements
- Apple Numbers’09, Microsoft Excel 2008, or 2011 for Mac for exporting data reports.
- Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage 2008, or Outlook 2011 for Mac is required for sending and receiving emails.
- Processing payroll using QuickBooks for Mac requires a paid membership.
- It’s more expensive to print and requires access to the Internet.
Learn the Ins and Outs of Getting the Mac Version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- To begin, go to https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products and click the link.
- Follow the instructions on the pop-up window when you click the link above: * Select your country, and * Select the product you want to purchase.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020, or earlier versions are available for selection.
- The download option should have been shown in your window by this time; please use it.
Mac OS X: Quicken Desktop Installation & Configuration Instructions
Find out the ins and outs of getting QuickBooks Desktop set up on a Mac. Instructions for setting up multi-user mode in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, locating your license and product number, upgrading or converting your company file, and installing your new version.
Installing QuickBooks on a Macintosh
- Get the Installer ready.
- Visit the official website and download QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
- Use the Installer that comes with the CD to set up the system.
- Prepare to launch the setup.
- Bring down any open programs.
- Load QuickBooks onto your computer by inserting the CD or running the downloaded setup file.
- Automatically launch QuickBooks setup windows.
- The QuickBooks application can be installed by dragging its icon into the Applications folder.
- The program will immediately launch the Applications folder.
- To launch QuickBooks, double-click its icon.
License and Product Numbers for QuickBooks Desktop
It’s a download:
QuickBooks will send you a license and product number in an email if you want to download the software online. If you did not get the email with your license number after purchasing or downloading the trial edition of QuickBooks, you could still get it.
Scratch off the label on the packaging to reveal the license and product number for the QuickBooks CD if you’re installing the software.
Instructions for Updating or Converting Your QuickBooks Desktop Company File
To upgrade QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you will need to update your company file.
- Launch the latest iteration of your business file.
- The proper course of action is to pick Upgrade if prompted to do so.
- When the Upgrade is complete, click the OK button.
- Verify your accounts, reports, and balances to ensure you’ve converted the suitable company file.
Multi-User Configuration of the Macintosh QuickBooks Desktop
- If you have multiple licenses, you can build up a system that allows many users to access the software simultaneously.
- Launch the Multi-user file.
- Move the QuickBooks Server icon to the Applications folder.
- To make changes to the Applications folder, select Authenticate when requested. Please login as Admin and confirm your password by clicking the OK button.
- Get the office file open.
- Select the option to “Enable Multi-user mode” from the File menu.
A Look at the 2020 Version of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac is a great accounting package for those with a Mac who value the safety and speed of locally installed software. Because of its straightforward design is an excellent option for sole proprietors and other self-employed people who conduct their bookkeeping. All the features of QuickBooks Online, such as invoicing, payments, and receivables, are accessible here as well.
Intuit QuickBooks Mac Plus 2022’s most vital points are
Those who work for themselves
Time-strapped freelancers, such as designers, writers, or videographers, who don’t have the luxury of manually learning accounting software can benefit greatly from a program. It’s a user-friendly program that may help you, bill clients, keep track of billable hours, and accept payments.
Finance-savvy Macintosh users who prefer traditional desktop software
This app is worth considering if you want to do your books on a Mac without using the Internet.
The speed with which desktop versions of QuickBooks may be used makes them the first choice of many seasoned bookkeepers over the cloud-based QuickBooks Online.
Project-based business models
Sending progress invoices and keeping tabs on time, mileage, and expenditures by customer and project are just two of the time and money management options available.
Let’s look at how its newest functions can help you streamline your processes as a consultant.
Support for an Infinite Number of Users
Users of Macs can now access the free QuickBooks Live customer Consultant service. To seek assistance, you can talk with a chatbot or a human in real-time. You can’t get in touch with QuickBooks via phone, but you can ask them to call you.
Enhanced Bank Data Feeds
Automatic payee, account, and class labeling streamline bank connections.
In the latest version of QuickBooks for Mac, you may customize your reports by hiding or removing columns and rows.
Automatic client segmentation based on custom criteria and filters is now possible. Invoices, statements, and reminders may all be sent out in bulk using rule-based groups for accessible, efficient communication.
Direct Integration with Gmail:
When you connect your Gmail account to QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you can send invoices, sales receipts, and other important documents directly from Gmail.
Quicken Mac Plus 2022’s Core Accounting Functions
- It identifies components from the primary dashboard, like the ability to enter and pay bills, make invoices, produce purchase orders (POs), and manage payroll.
- It is compatible with QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, and Enterprise.
- In addition to the standard accounting functionality, it has Mac-exclusive features, including the ability to enter basic contact info, credit limits, to-do lists, default sales tax, customer credits, maps, and directions.
- Groups of contacts can be invoiced at once.
- You can bring your current chart of accounts and opening balances to QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
- The inability to easily share accounting files with your accountant is hampered by the lack of an Accountant’s Copy, which is standard in the Windows edition.
You may improve your financial management with the help of QuickBooks 2020. This software allows you to analyze project profitability, record payments, set up recurring payments, import bank transactions, make and send invoices, pay vendors and employees, and manage cash flow, among other things.