QuickBooks is used as the accounting solution of choice for a variety of businesses and organizations. It comes with advanced account management features. All data and information about your business account can be stored there. QuickBooks is available on all devices, including desktop computers, smartphones, and tablets. Also available as an online version. The desktop version is the most popular among people.
If you also use the desktop version of QuickBooks and want to use QuickBooks on your new computer, you will need to restore a backup and use your business data on your new computer or laptop.
How do you open a QuickBooks backup file on a new computer?
If you want to know how to restore your QuickBooks backup files to a new computer, the easiest way is to create a backup and restore it. This method is now more convenient for saving data and backing up files. Alternatively, you can copy the backup file’s contents and paste the entire folder into the new location. For single-user QuickBooks desktop users, the Migrator tool is an easy way to move around.
Below is a list of the methods required to transfer backup files to another system. Make sure QuickBooks Desktop is installed on the new system to open the QuickBooks Backup file. Follow the instructions to create a backup on your first computer. Here are the steps to transfer your QuickBooks business files to a new computer
Step 1: Create a backup business profile.
Backing up your business files can save you time when moving your QuickBooks files to a new computer. This includes accounting data, images, templates, logos, etc. Backups can be created in two ways: by scheduling an automatic backup or by doing it manually. Here are the steps for automatic backup:
- Open QuickBooks
- File search button
- Select Switch to single-user mode
- Click the file button
- Choose a backup company
- Select the “Create Backup” tab.
- The window starts
- Select Local Backup on your computer and click the Next button
- You will only see a section for local backups.
- Select the bookmarks tab
- Click where you want to save the backup file
- Set the number of QuickBooks file backups you need to keep
- Look for online and local backup options
- Select Full verification
- Take the test
- Press OK when ready
- Click the checkbox labeled My Business Profile to choose to save the backup automatically
- Click on the number of times
- After selecting the table, select the OK button.
- A window will appear asking you to enter your Windows login password to run scheduled backup files.
- Click the Finish button
- When a QB creates a backup file and schedules future backups at the same time,
- When you’re done with your QuickBooks backup, you’ll receive a confirmation message
- Then adjust the backup settings as follows:
- File search button
- Click on Backup Company
- Displays date and time
- Click the Settings tab and edit the backup as desired.
- Click OK.
- After saving the backup folder, the next step is to give it a unique name to prevent it from being overwritten.
- Please save the backup file somewhere else.
- Then transfer the backup file to the new computer or laptop
- You can include the backup file on an external device or on a new system connected to the same network.
- Then restore the .qbb backup file as follows:
- Open the QuickBooks desktop
- Click the File button.
Step 2: Select the Open or restore company tab.
- Tap restore backup
- Click the “Next” button.
- Search your computer for company backup files.
- Click the folder to save the recovery company files
- tab open
- Now its time to enter the save button if you are ready
- If you see the message about overwriting data, Choose the tab that best suits your requirements
- Now you may require a new company file for processing
- After restoring the backup to the new system, Make sure you need a unique file name
How to open a backup that is stored on a remote computer?
- Install QuickBooks Database Manager on a remote system and open the backup file on another computer.
- Search for company profiles
- Open the remote system and install it
- Open QuickBooks
- Select the file option
- Click Switch to multi-user mode.
- Press the “Yes” button in the “Multi-User Hosting Setup window.”
- Install QBDBMgrN.exe to run this service, then follow the instructions below.
- Open the window named Multiuser Settings Information
- Click OK
- Add the desired user
- Click the Help tab to add users.
- Click the “How To” button on the QuickBooks user list page
- Find and open your backup files
- Click File Options
- Select Open Company Profile
- Click on Open company.
- Click the drop-down arrow to select the associated network drive with company files.
- Access the backup QuickBooks file using username and password
Winding it up;
Invest 5 minutes now to save hours of work in the future. A data disaster can happen to anyone without warning due to customer error, buggy third-party app integration, data import errors, or any number of other reasons. If something goes wrong with your QuickBooks Online account, there’s no better time than now to make sure you can recover quickly without having to fall back on hours. With QuickBooks Online Backup and Restore, you can get up and running again with just a few clicks. However, transferring backup files to a new system can be a complicated task. So it is better to take help from QuickBooks professionals.