As the title suggests, this blog is going to be about how to remove Intuit Sync Manager. But that’s not all. We will discuss many other things in this blog. All of them are listed below-
- What is the QuickBooks Sync Manager?
- How to remove Intuit Sync Manager- 2 simple methods
- Things to watch out for before uninstalling Intuit QuickBooks Sync Manager
- How to Stop Company Files from Syncing
What is the QuickBooks Sync Manager?
One technique for securely syncing the data from your QuickBooks company file with other applications and some internal add-on services, like recurring payments, is Intuit Sync Manager. In other words, the QuickBooks Sync Manager is one such available utility tool.
Even though the Sync Manager can sync the company file while replicating every piece of company data on a server or in the cloud, dealing with it can occasionally be challenging. If so, you should learn how to uninstall Intuit Sync Manager.
You can get things done more quickly by contacting our AskAccountings technical consultant team for QuickBooks if you are having trouble disabling or removing the Intuit QuickBooks Sync Manager.
How to Remove Intuit Sync Manager
If you want to remove the Intuit Sync Manager completely, follow the next steps. You can remove the Intuit Sync Manager using either of the two options listed below.
Option 1: Remove the Intuit Sync Manager entirely.
Option 2: Remove your Intuit Sync Manager when it shows an error
Let’s discuss the steps included in these two options for removing Intuit Sync Manager.
Option 1: Remove the Intuit Sync Manager entirely.
To completely remove the Intuit Sync Manager, you need to follow the step listed below-
- Start by accessing the QuickBooks company page.
- Click on the menu button in the menu bar.
- You now need to locate the ‘Edit’ option.
- After locating it, you need to click on it.
- You will see a drop-down menu when you click the ‘Edit’ option.
- Select the option ‘Preferences’ and click on it.
- After that, try to find the integrated applications.
- Click on the integrated applications once you find them.
- The next step involves clicking on the Company Preferences tab.
- Locate and click on the Intuit Sync Manager.
- Last but not least, click on the Remove tab now.
If you follow these steps properly, they will remove your Intuit Sync Manager from your QuickBooks. In case you are still not sorted, do not worry. AskAccounting will further tell you what to do next.
Option 2: Remove your Intuit Sync Manager when it shows an error.
Here is another method to remove the add-on if your Intuit Sync Manager displays an error. You need to follow the steps listed below to remove Intuit Sync Manager.
- Open the QuickBooks program.
- Next, locate the Help menu. It is located at the top of the page.
- On clicking the Help menu, a drop-down menu will also appear.
- Out of all the options in the drop-down menu, you must select and click Manage Data Sync.
- Selecting Clear Sync Settings” is the next step.
- You’ll get a cautionary message.
- To uninstall the Intuit Sync Manager, click the Yes icon, then click OK.
Things to watch out for before uninstalling Intuit QuickBooks Sync Manager
Before removing Intuit QuickBooks Sync Manager, ensure the company file is no longer synced, or there are no important files inside. Do not worry, even if there are important files inside. AskAccounting is here to help you out with this as well.
Following these steps, you can remove the QuickBooks company files from the Sync Manager list. All you need to do is verify that the file is not in sync when you want to remove it.
- Right-click on the company file’s name in the QuickBooks Sync Manager.
- Select the file, then disable syncing for it.
- To restore the file to the QuickBooks Sync Manager, you must first reset the sync manager in QuickBooks.
- You must clear the settings for file synchronization to keep the file removal status in place.
How to Stop Company Files from Syncing
There are chances of files being synchronized in the Intuit Sync Manager. In this case, you must first stop them to remove them from the Sync Manager list.
Well, not to mention that AskAccounting has covered you here as well. All you need to do is follow the steps below to stop the company files from syncing to the QuickBooks Sync Manager.
- Click on the “System Tray” after finding it.
- Make a right-click on the Intuit Sync Manager after that.
- Selecting the Sync Manager and opening it is the next step.
- Next, use the QuickBooks Sync Manager to look for the company files you do not want to sync.
- After that, find the Sync Enabled menu and select it.
- You will then see a drop-down menu over there.
- Last but not least, you have to choose Disable and simply click on it.
This was our blog on how to remove Intuit Sync Manager. You can uninstall the Intuit QuickBooks sync manager using practical and simple methods. However, if the uninstall procedure is hampered or automatic syncing is noticed, you can immediately contact the helpful and understanding experts of AskAccounting’s QuickBooks Customer Service team for assistance.