Errors are common occurrences in QuickBooks. Errors are bad for the user experience, but for software, these errors help to identify potential future errors for easy mitigation in the initial phases.
‘QuickBooks has stopped working, or responding errors occur for different reasons. These reasons can range from several software compatibility issues to simple issues in QuickBooks, like improper settings.
These errors also occur in QuickBooks point of sales that flashes ‘Your QuickBooks is not responding.’ There are other QuickBooks errors in the software on the QuickBooks 2012, 13, 14, and 2015 versions. In this article, we have provided a quick guide on how to resolve the QuickBooks that have stopped working or not responding to errors in-depth.
Why does QuickBooks have a Stopped Working Error occur?
- The company name is long or exceeds the maximums words limit.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is corrupt or missing.
- There is no access to the hard drive.
- Damage in the hard drive.
- There is some issue with the installed QuickBooks software.
- The operating system is not functioning.
How do you know if QuickBooks has Stopped Working?
QuickBooks has stopped working or is not responding error has these similar characteristics:
- The system shut down.
- QuickBooks is not responding.
- The device freezes and doesn’t respond to any command.
How to Fix QuickBooks has Stopped Working / Not Responding Issue?
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks repair tool on your system.
- Restart the system.
Solution 2: Use QBRefresher Tool
The QBrefresher tool provides help with all commonly occurring QuickBooks issues. This tool has advanced functionalities to troubleshoot all common errors in the software. Here is how the QBrefresher tool helps to troubleshoot common QuickBooks errors:
- Close QuickBooks and running files on your computer and start QuickBooks refresher tool Download.
- Double-click the downloaded file and click on ‘Run’ to begin the installation.
- Run the QB refresher tool and check for any tool issues.
- Open QuickBooks again and check whether your QuickBooks is working.
Solution 3: Run Quick Fix my Program
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix issues.
- Run QuickBooks on the Fix my program on the tool hub.
- Once these steps are complete, QuickBooks shuts down other software running in the background.
- Click on the program issues in the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Select “quick fix my program.”
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and open the data file.
- Run QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
- Check again to find any errors on the QuickBooks file.
Solution 4: Restart Device and Turn off the Anti-virus Program
One way to fix the error on the device is simply by restarting the device. Users can also turn off any Anti-virus software from the system for this issue.
- Shut down all system programs and restart the computer.
- Check QuickBooks, and find whether it is properly working.
In cases when issues do not resolve, disable any antivirus programs on your system. Taking expert help while going through this step includes many security-sensitive steps. It will be good if you take help from an IT professional.
Solution 5: Create New Windows Admin User to Fix the Bug
- Click on the “Start” button and go to “Control Panel.”
- Click “Add” or Remove user Accounts.”
- Open “Manage Accounts” and click “Create a new account.”
- Fill in the “Account Name” and select “Create Admin account.”
- On the bottom of the screen, click the “Create Account button.”
Once you have completed these steps, you have successfully created a new user account.
Solution 6: Rename the QB.INI file
The Qb.ini file is in the QuickBooks installation folder on the primary drive. Renaming this file will require admin rights to the computer.
Users can also rename the EntitlementDatastore.ecml file. The file is in the program files in the admin folder.
Many unique QuickBooks errors will not be solved using this guide and would require expert help because of their complexity. If you have an unresolved QuickBooks error, you can always contact our expert technical team to take you through every step to resolve your QuickBooks error.
Check out our other blogs and articles on QuickBooks products, solutions, and tools to help you increase your productivity.
Also Read: QuickBooks Utility Application Permission Error
Also Read: Access QuickBooks Enterprise Remotely