Everyone is aware that both large and small businesses use QuickBooks. This is because it is the best accounting program. Every business’s core accounting, payroll, billing, and invoicing processes, as well as all inventory records and instant reports, depend heavily on this. Every version depends on the size of your company and the needs you have. Well, while working with the QuickBooks program, one might also face problems related to data loss. But there is nothing to worry about. AskAccountings has got you covered. In order to assist our clients, we decided to come up with this short piece of information. In this blog, we will talk about how to recover lost QuickBooks data files.
Not to mention, the motive of this blog is to assist readers in retrieving deleted or lost QuickBooks Data files from a hard drive. But the readers also have the option to seek assistance from the professionals at AskAccountings, who are experts in their field. Our Intuit Certified specialists can help you fix any database-related issues that arise with QuickBooks, simply over a phone call.
Let us now get started with the main topic of this blog.
Before moving on to the steps to retrieve lost or deleted QuickBooks data from a hard drive, one should also be aware of the causes that lead to the same. Keep reading to learn some of them.
What Causes the Data Loss Problems?
The reasons why your important data is lost or deleted from a computer device
- When you upgrade to a higher version of the QuickBooks accounting software and import your company files (.QBW).
- During the QB software upgrade, something went wrong.
- While executing several other program functions, there were bothersome errors or other interruptions.
- There are numerous company files present, or some important company files are missing from a drive.
- Sudden loss of power or system failure while working with the most recent version of QuickBooks files.
- Database files for QuickBooks occasionally become broken or corrupt.
- Unexpected file deletion.
- Viral threats launch an assault on .QBW, .QBB, and .QBA QB files.
Get assistance with QuickBooks data recovery. Dial the toll free QuickBooks support phone number at +1-848-444-1303.
How to Retrieve Deleted or Lost QuickBooks Data Files from a Hard Drive
The quickest way to recover deleted QuickBooks company data files is to:
- First, open your search dialog box. Then, type *.qbw into the box and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Let us now search for all duplicates, as indicated by the list of company data files that were provided.
- Remember that by right-clicking on a file or folder and choosing the properties tab, you can access all files.
- Check whether the file is listed as a QuickBooks Company File in the general tab; if not, move on to the next step.
- Use the date-modified features to do this, and you will find that it is the most updated file you have ever seen.
- When you locate the most recent file, copy it to a CD-ROM.
- Immediately after copying a file or a folder, remove any leftover files.
- Finally, use the shortcut Ctrl + V to paste the copied file back into its original location.
The aforementioned method helps you if your hard drive contains multiple company files and you are missing QuickBooks data files. However, the QuickBooks auto recovery (ADR) feature will be useful if you are a Pro or Premier user and have lost or deleted any of your crucial QB files, such as a company file, backup file, account copy, etc.
Points to Remember:
- For Windows, only QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions offer the Auto Data Recovery (ADR) Feature.
- The ADR feature is not offered in the Accountant Editions of QuickBooks.
- The ADR file size restriction is primarily 1.5 Gigabytes. Therefore, your system will not create an Auto recovery file if your data backup is larger than 1.5 Gigabytes.
- For the QuickBooks ADR feature to work, make sure your QB desktop software is always updated, including QB 2018.
Wrapping up everything all together
If the aforementioned approach fails to resolve the problem, what next? Well, do the same as mentioned at the start of this blog. Simply call the tech support team by dialing our toll free QuickBooks Support Phone Number at +1-848-444-1303 with any questions you may have. Directly address your questions to our professionals, who are diligent learners and capable of providing you with the best solution by removing countless obstacles.
Users who discover their file is lost or corrupted and want to recover lost QuickBooks data files from a hard drive can contact the professionals at AskAccountings at any time of day or night for the best services available around the clock. Our qualified Intuit Certified professionals give meticulous attention to the details present in our client’s financial records.